Lost and Found
The Lost Son
Scripture Reference: Luke 15:11-24
- To be found, we must RECOGNIZE the problem.
‘When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!’ v.17
- MISTAKEN PRIORITIES. v.12
- MISPLACED IDENTITY. v.13a
- MISGUIDED ACTIONS. v.13b
- To be found, we must CONFESS the problem.
‘I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.’ v.18
- To be found we must TURN from the problem and to the FATHER.
‘So he got up and went to his father.’ v.20
The CONSEQUENCE of our sin is GREAT,
but the MERCY of our Father is GREATER!
“But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. vs.22-23