‘Overcoming My Fear of Failure’
Scripture reference: Matthew 25:24-27
24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.
Overcoming my fear:
- RETHINK your UNDERSTANDING of failure.
- It does not DISCRIMINATE Romans 3:23; James 3:2
- It does not DESTROY Proverbs 24:16a; Romans 8:28
- It does not DEFINE Psalm 139:14; John 1:12
- REFOCUS your PERSPECTIVE on failing.
- It’s more about the MASTER than
“so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground.”
- The PERSON of Jesus is bigger than the PROBLEM of fear.
“ You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed?” Matthew 25:26
- The REWARD outweighs the RISK.
“Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much.
Enter into the joy of your master.”