A Reasonable Spirit
Scripture Reference: Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV)
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- The MAKEUP of a reasonable spirit.
Various translations: GRACIOUSNESS (HCSB) , FOREBEARANCE (ASV), MODERATION (KJV), GENTLENESS (NIV, NKJV)
- It is a PERSONAL quality for ALL Christians ( Titus 3:1-2)
- It is to be DISPLAYED toward ALL people
- It is a SELFLESS YIELDING of power
- Seeks what is RIGHT, rather than being RIGHT
- The MARKS of a reasonable spirit.
- A life like JESUS (2 Cor. 10:1)
- A life of UNITY and JOY
- A life of WITNESS to others
3. The MOTIVATION for a reasonable spirit.
- The LORD is at HAND!
(Matthew 24:42; Hebrews 13:5-6)