The Parables of Jesus
The Rich Fool
Scripture reference: Luke 12:13-16
And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, 17 and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ 18 And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ 21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
- All that we have BELONGS to God. (vs.16-17)
- We have what we have for a PURPOSE. (v.18)
- What we have obtained in this world is TEMPORAL. (v.19)
- Our DEFINITION of life will DETERMINE how we live life. (vs.20-21)
How not to be foolish:
- GUARD against all COVETOUSNESS!
- RECOGNIZE the value of CHRIST.