Part 5: TEMPORARY CITIZENSHIP
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king,
as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of
foolish men. 16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17 Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.
1 Peter 2:13-17
1. We submit to government in SURRENDER to the AUTHORITY of God. v.13-14
· The STRUCTURE of AUTHORITY was created by God.
· God has a PURPOSE for Government.
2. We submit to government to be a WITNESS of our RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. v.15-16
· Submission is an attitude of the HEART
· God has placed us where we are for a SEASON and a REASON.
3. We submit to government while STANDING FIRM in our ALLEGIANCE to God. v.17