Deborah Carter will be retiring at the end of May after 20 years of dedicated service on staff at Hampton First Baptist Church.
Our Personnel Committee is accepting resumes to fill her position. Please pass on to anyone that you feel may be interested.
Please send resumes to:
Hampton First Baptist Church
85 McDonough Street
Hampton, GA 30228
Financial Management Secretary – Hampton First Baptist Church
Responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Church Treasurer for performing all secretarial bookkeeping and assigned business management duties pertaining to all financial matters of the church.
Computer software: Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint; Power Church (for record contributions); QuickBooks (for accounting); and Servant Keeper (for membership records).
- Work closely with Lead Pastor, Church Treasurer and Finance Team.
- Do all bookkeeping and maintain computerized records of individual contributions.
- Maintain financial files for requisitions and receipts.
- Write checks authorized for payment in accordance with guidelines and instructions by the Finance Team.
- Prepare monthly financial report.
- Perform bookkeeping duties for Hampton First Baptist Academy.
- Make deposits during the week as necessary.
- Maintain payroll information, prepare bi-weekly and monthly payrolls, and submit quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Serve as Church Clerk. Attend all business meetings, taking notes and transcribing notes. Maintain church membership records.
- Serve as corporation secretary, which includes securing trustee signatures as necessary and handling all corporation paperwork.
- Keep all church membership records and files. Request and grant church membership letters as requested.
- Assist with matters pertaining to the business management and ministries of the church as assigned, including ordering supplies and curriculum. Secure background checks as requested by various ministries. Work with insurance companies, as needed.
- Be responsible for all secretarial work in connection with any stewardship campaign.
- Be responsible for computer operations including installing programs, assisting other employees with operation of their computers and programs, maintenance requests, ordering supplies, compiling lists, running label, coordinating use of the system and training.
- Answer phone as backup when necessary and perform other duties as assigned.